That’s the tango hour this week, 7:00pm this Sunday:
- on 2xxfm 98.3 in Canberra
- streaming live to the internet from http://www.2xxfm.org.au/listen
- Un Tango Para El Recuerdo, meaning ‘A Tango For A Memory’, a tango, recorded by Pugliese, on 24 June 1957, with music by Rafael Del Bagno, with lyrics by Antonio Cantó, and sung by Jorge Maciel.
- Adios Corazon, meaning ‘Goodbye Heart’, a tango, recorded by Pugliese, on 29 May 1958, with music by Lalo Etchegoncelay, with lyrics by Héctor Sapelli, and sung by Jorge Maciel.
- Remembranza, meaning ‘Remembrance’, a tango, recorded by Gobbi, on 8 September 1948, with music by Mario Melfi composed in 1940, with lyrics by Mario Battistella, and sung by Jorge Maciel.
- Tu Amargura, meaning ‘Your Misery’, a vals, recorded by Gobbi, on 25 July 1949, with music and lyrics by Laureano Martínez Smart, and sung by Jorge Maciel & Ángel Diaz.
- La Cumparsita, meaning ‘The Little March’, a tango, recorded by Pugliese, on 6 August 1959, with music composed in 1924 by Gerado Matos Rodríguez, with lyrics by Pascual Contursi, Enrique Maroni, and Gerado Matos Rodríguez, and sung by Jorge Maciel & Carlos Guido with Luis Mela reciting.
- La Intriga, meaning ‘The Intrigue’, a tango, recorded by Gobbi, on 23 November 1950, with music by Héctor Stamponi composed in 1950, with lyrics by Marcó, and sung by Jorge Maciel.
- Una Emoción, meaning ‘An Emotion’, a tango, recorded by Tanturi, on 17 November 1943, with music by Raúl Kaplún, with lyrics by José Maria Suñe, and sung by Enrique Campos.
- Pensalo Bien, meaning ‘Think Well’, a tango, recorded by D’Arienzo, on 22 June 1938, with music by Juan Visciglio, with lyrics by Lolo López & Julio Alberto, and sung by Alberto Echagüe.
- Esta Noche de Luna, meaning ‘This Moonlit Night’, a tango, recorded by Di Sarli, on 17 December 1943, with music by Graciano Gómez & José Garcia, with lyrics by Héctor Marcó, and sung by Roberto Rufino.